Rush is probably right about this
Listening to the wild-ass manufactured panic over the oil spill in the Gulf. All of this panic is absurd.
(1) It's not "Katrina 2". Katrina killed lots of people. Even if this oil spill does everything the idiots claim, it won't kill any
people (beyond the 11 men killed by the initial explosion) or destroy any houses. It will be hard on tourism for a while, and that's all.
(2) We know from the Exxon Valdez that Nature has a wonderful ability to repair itself. Scientific American, which was still occasionally capable of factual reporting in those years, showed the difference between the areas where we panicked and soaped up everything versus the areas we didn't touch. A year later, the untouched areas had recovered nicely while the soaped-up areas were less hospitable to life. [Qualification: if we were talking about a spill of refined gasoline, I'd be more afraid of serious problems. Refined gasoline contains a number of real poisons, unlike crude oil which is a simple and natural hydrocarbon, basically fermented algae poop.]
(3) OIL FLOATS ON WATER.
All this crap about bottom-dwelling oysters being damaged is physically impossible. The only time oil doesn't float is when you add soap to the mix,
which we will undoubtedly do as a perfectly Orwellian way to "clean up the mess".
(4) The enemy-controlled media are frothing about "delicate ecosystems" and "endangered species" as usual. Land is not delicate. Shorelines were there before any of us living critters came along, shorelines have been constantly reshaping and adapting for billions of years, and shorelines will continue reshaping and adapting after all of us living critters are gone. If all the "endangered birds" are killed, so much the better. Non-existent
birds don't give the terrorist organization EPA an excuse to steal jobs and property from humans.
(5) We are humans, dammit. Our job is to protect humans, not to protect every single example of some goddamn subspecies or subpopulation of worms that happens to be locally rare.
(6) British Petroleum (BP) which owns the exploded well, is one of the main supporters
of the "Global Warming" crime. They would clearly rather make money by trading carbon credit derivatives than by the dirty and dangerous work of providing energy to serve human prosperity.
Rush has proposed a paranoid answer: that the whole thing was a neat way to close down all energy exploration. Obama started by pretending to open more territory to drilling. Then the explosion "happened", giving Obama a convenient reason to close everything down, which is certainly his natural desire. (It was also the natural desire of Comrades Bush and McCain, though Rush would never acknowledge that.)